Calories may not seem to be a serious thing for some of the teenagers reading this; but for adults and elders, it is a crucial factor that pretty much determines whether they’ll lead a healthy and fit life, or an ill medicated one. Calorie counters help in keeping a check on how much you gain and lose every day.
Calories are one of the most misunderstood pieces of nutritional information, and many even abuse this concept by eating too few calories, which results in gaining calories instead of losing them.
Calorie counters provide quality of life changes which include the following.
- Boundaries on how much one should eat.
- Allow people to make healthy swaps to diet.
- Receive beneficial nutrients from a healthy lifestyle.
- Provide a calorie counter that allows you to plan macronutrients according to his/her goals.
- Helps to prevent disease and promote immunity.
Here’s a list of some of our favorite calorie trackers on the market.
Best Calorie Tracker Watch
Fitbit is the finest manufacturer of calorie tracking devices globally right now. They’ve created quite a fascinating ecosystem through their watches that are also compatible with the Fitbit app available on both iOS and Android.
Apart from monitoring your live data such as walking distance, the total number of steps, hourly activity, and stationary time, it also uses all this data to record the calories burned during your day. As a cherry on top, Fitbit also allows you to use the app to enter how many calories you’re consuming. With all this data, you can keep track of how much workout you need to do to keep up with your daily diet and lose weight.
The Flex is also water-resistant, making it immune to rain and sweat. However, it isn’t completely waterproof. You should definitely try your best to keep it out of the water as much as possible. The battery timing on the Flex is extremely impressive too. With just a 2 hour charging time, the Flex will have enough juice to run almost 10 days.
- Compatible with Fitbit’s app.
- Amazing battery life.
- Accurate calorie burn tracker.
- Fitbit’s support isn’t responsive.
Garmin Fēnix 5 Plus
Get ready to increase your activity and improve your health when you invest in this high-performance tracker. This top-rated calorie tracker will provide you with an accurate activity assessment so that you can start to build a healthier lifestyle based on your personal goals.
Conveniently, this smartwatch also has routable color mapping, 100m waterproofing, and enough storage for about 500 songs. Built for rugged adventures and crafted of the finest premium-grade materials, Fēnix 5 Plus Series watches are available in a variety of finish choices, including PVD-coated stainless-steel bezel and DLC titanium bezel version.
Garmin also included Garmin Pay, a contactless payment solution that can be used to pay for purchases so you can breeze through checkout lines while leaving your cash and cards at home.
Garmin Fēnix 5 Plus is sort of a multipurpose tracker designed to be your smartwatch as well. Apart from the music space, we mentioned earlier, you’re getting a bunch of navigation features such as GPS, a compass, a gyroscope, and a barometric altimeter.
- Accurate GPS for long trails and hikes.
- Simplified user interface for ease of access.
- Real-time measurement of calories burnt, providing optimal results for fitness lovers.
- The screen does not get fiddled after long use.
- Has issues in terms of connecting to the host app (Garmin Connect).
Fossil Men’s Gen 4 Explorist
While many calorie trackers are converting to a more “athletic” look, to those who want a more every day, versatile wear, Fossil seems to be leading the pack in this realm. Fossil Gen 4 has many different style options to suit your needs. The face can come in black, rose gold, or gray. The band has a leather option or a stainless-steel model.
The looks are not all, as its state-of-the-art calorie tracker is programmed to sense when you are on the run, or in transport. Worried you’ll miss an important text on your run? You can also sync notifications from your phone, so you’ll get a pop-up on your watch. Fossil Men’s Gen 4 also has Google Assistant integration to help you get that much more from your
- Very lightweight compared to how robust it looks.
- Superbly crafted for comfort with a good display and interface.
- Completely self-reliant; just plug it once to your phone, and you won’t ever need to take it out.
- Reliable tracker to complete your everyday goals.
- Small battery life.